BOARD & TRAIN
About Board & Trains at Bark Avenue
Bark Avenue Daycamp offers Board & Train programs designed by our highly experienced trainer. Her knowledge and use of various techniques achieve proven results and excellence in obedience and behavior.
Board & Train
The most popular, time-efficient, and comprehensive form of training is our Board & Train program. Our programs are designed to work with your dog while he/she stays at our facility or our in-home program. Your dog will experience a unique approach to training and will learn new skills through our balanced training program. Our training methodology rewards positive behavior and emphasizes dog-friendly and proven training practices.
During your dog’s stay, the trainer will work with your dog to develop obedience skills, improved behavior, as well as address areas of concern you may have. We work with all breeds and behavioral issues.
Week 1: This week will focus on teaching basic obedience skills and will introduce the training tools that will be used throughout your dog’s stay.
Week 2: Distractions will start to be introduced in the facility to build the dog’s ability to comply with commands.
Week 3: During this week, your dog will be put into a “real life” situation to learn how to be successful with demonstrating good behavior in all situations and with many uncontrolled distractions. This is where your dog will learn how to live in the world without being reactive, scared, or anxious.
Weeks 4-6:These weeks will mirror weeks 2 & 3 as needed to address behavior issues. When a dog is demonstrating behavioral issues, the training becomes very customized to the situation in the home.
- Midway update between owner and trainer: This session will give you a look into the work that has been done to date and to show you the progress your dog has made thus far. This usually takes place during the 2nd week of training. ($100 value)
- Final Go home meeting between owner and trainer: This session will show you the final results of the training and give you the tools to keep the training going once you are home. You will work with your dog so that the trainer can observe you and give you feedback to ensure your success. ($100 value)
- Intermediate Classes: You will get 5 sessions to our intermediate obedience classes. These classes are key to continuing to build confidence in you and your dog on their obedience skills with a high level of distraction. ($150 value)
- Unlimited phone/email/text follow up for the life of your dog.
Duration: 3-6 weeks
Cost: 3 week (minimum) – $2,000. Each additional week – $600. In-home (trainer’s home) training available – $175 per week additional
- Place command
- Leash skills
- Crate training
- Waiting for food
- Treadmill training
- Food aggression
- Separation anxiety
- Leash aggression
- Excessive barking
- And more…
Director of Training
I believe that every dog has its own personality and learning curve, not unlike their human companions. My goal is to preserve their uniqueness and build upon their character while positively teaching skills needed for them to be a source of joy and companionship for you and your family.
My training is not approached with a ‘one size fits all’ mentality. Dogs learn in many different ways, therefore I utilize different techniques and skills. Finding the best way your dog learns not only produces results, but makes it an enjoyable and fun experience for both you and your dog.
- We understand training your dog can be an investment, but we’re happy to help and offer financing through Paypal Credit. If you have a Paypal account, it’s incredibly easy to apply and get approved within a few minutes. Setting up a Paypal account is justas easy so that you can apply for financing. Paypal credit offers no payments and no interest if paid in full in 6 months.
- You’ll have the flexibility to pay over a period of time and get your dog training sooner than later!
HAVE A QUESTION?
Monday-Friday: 6:30 am – 7 pm
Saturday: 9am – 5 pm
Sunday: 9 am – 2 pm
Please note: our daycare is staffed 365 days a year from 6:30 am – 8:00 pm so your dog is sure to get plenty of playtime every day of the week.
1540 Hecht Drive
Bartlett, IL 60103
Phone: (630) 289-8470
Fax: (630) 524-9078