This is a simple, quick and super delicious peanut butter cookie that will have your dog licking their lips for more.
- 1 cup flour (white or whole wheat)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water (roughly)
Any type of peanut butter can be used for these cookies, but we suggest a simple, all natural brand for a healthier snack. Alternatively, crunchy or chunky peanut butter can be used as well for a thicker, more chunky cookie, but we found smooth works best for rolling out. You can even use almond butter!
- Preheat Oven to 350° F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, peanut butter, and egg until slightly combined. Mixture will be dry and crumbly.
- While mixing, add water one tablespoon at a time until mixture is well combined and smooth enough to roll out, but not wet and sticky.
- Roll out dough to about 1/4 inch thickness and cut cookies out using your favorite cookie cutter shapes.
- Place cookies on greased pan or baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for at least 15 minutes before serving to your pup!
Note: For a crunchier cookie, leave in the oven a little longer and for a softer treat, take out a little sooner. Plus, don’t be surprised if you don’t need to use all the water. Depending on the type of peanut butter, the dough may already be pretty creamy. Once done, this recipe makes about 24 cookies (if using a standard sized cutter).