DOG BOARD AND TRAIN
About Dog Board and Train at Bark Avenue
Dog Board and Train programs offered by Bark Avenue Daycamp are designed by our highly experienced dog trainer. Dog boarding and training has shown proven results and excellence in dog obedience and behavior through our dog trainer’s knowledge and use of various dog training techniques.
Dog Board and Train
Dog boarding and training is the most popular, time-efficient, and comprehensive form of training. Our Board and Train programs are designed to work with your dog while he/she stays at our facility or our in-home program. Your dog will experience a unique approach to dog training and will learn new skills through our balanced dog training program. Our dog training methodology rewards positive behavior and emphasizes dog-friendly and proven training practices.
During your dog’s stay, the dog trainer will work with your dog to develop obedience skills, improved behavior, as well as address areas of concern you may have. We work with all breeds and behavioral issues. Whether you live in St. Charles, Elgin, Schaumberg, or Hoffman Estates, we will work with all breeds and behavioral issues.
Dog Training Process
Week 1: Dog training will first focus on teaching basic obedience skills and will introduce the dog training tools that will be used throughout your dog’s stay.
Week 2: The dog trainer will start to introduce distractions in the facility to build the dog’s ability to comply with commands.
Week 3: Your dog will be put into “real life” situations to learn how to be successful with demonstrating good behavior in all situations and with many uncontrolled distractions this week. This is where your dog will learn how to live in the world without being reactive, scared, or anxious.
Weeks 4-6: Dog training during these weeks will mirror weeks 2 & 3 as needed to address behavior issues. When a dog is demonstrating behavioral issues, the dog training becomes very customized to the situation in the home.
What’s included with Dog Board and Train?
- Dog Trainer and Owner Midway Update: The dog trainer will meet with the owner midway through the dog training process, during the 2nd week of dog training. This dog training session will give you a look into the work that has been done to date and to show you the progress your dog has made thus far. ($100 value)
- Dog Trainer and Owner Final Go Home Meeting: This session will show you the final results of the dog training and give you the tools to keep the dog training going once you are home. You will work with your dog so that the dog trainer can observe you and give you feedback to ensure your success. ($100 value)
- Intermediate Dog Training Classes: You will get 5 sessions to our intermediate obedience classes. These classes are key to continuing to build confidence in you and your dog on their obedience skills with a high level of distraction. ($150 value)
- Unlimited phone/email/text follow-up for the life of your dog.
Duration: 3-6 weeks
Cost: 3 week (minimum) – $2,500. Each additional week – $700. In-home (dog trainer’s home) training available – $175 per week additional
Basic Obedience Dog Training
- Place command
- Leash skills
- Crate training
- Waiting for food
- Treadmill training
Behavioral Dog Training
- Food aggression
- Separation anxiety
- Leash aggression
- Excessive barking
- And more…
- We understand training your dog can be an investment, but we’re happy to help and offer financing through Paypal Credit. If you have a Paypal account, it’s incredibly easy to apply and get approved within a few minutes. Setting up a Paypal account is justas easy so that you can apply for financing. Paypal credit offers no payments and no interest if paid in full in 6 months.
- You’ll have the flexibility to pay over a period of time and get your dog training sooner than later!
HAVE A QUESTION?
Monday-Friday: 6:30 am – 7 pm
Saturday: 9am – 5 pm
Sunday: 9 am – 2 pm
Please note: our daycare is staffed 365 days a year from 6:30 am – 8:00 pm so your dog is sure to get plenty of playtime every day of the week.
1540 Hecht Drive
Bartlett, IL 60103
Phone: (630) 289-8470
Fax: (630) 524-9078